Bad Jones Rising moving?
July 15, 2011 § 9 Comments
I was reading my stats and info on my wordpress dashboard earlier, and this is my 59th post. It has only been about 5 months since I started this blog, and it seems like I have been doing it forever. I take so much pride in my posts, my followers, my feedback. Recently, I have been struggling with where to go from here. If you are interested and haven’t read my Goals page, please check it out. To sum things up, I would really like to use my blog to meet other artists, art lovers, interact with them, and ultimately create a teaching/learning community. It would be a perk to sell some of my artwork and maybe open an online shop, but that is a longtime goal. I love wordpress, but it has a lot of limitations. I have been running two blogs since the spring, for two very different reasons. My tumblr, is used for quick updates on my sketchbook, the art I like, beer notes, and personal inspiration. I get triple the views on tumblr, and an enormous amount of feedback. The difference between the two blogs is frustrating and I have been thinking about moving Bad Jones Rising to the tumblr platform.
If you don’t know much about tumblr, definitely check it out. It seems trendy and hip at first glance, but all for good reason. The tumblr platform is literally the most customizable and easy-to-use blogging site I have ever used. Oh, and it’s completely free. I made a quick list about the pros and cons, hoping and praying for some insight.
- Tumblr lets me choose from thousands of layouts, or completely customize an original one. It is the easiest and most interesting/fun process. I have been working on a layout that is completely original, and I have been itching to use it.
- Tumblr has an amazing dashboard that is easy to navigate, and the phone app is great too. I use my phone to upload photos most of the time and wordpress always gives me the most problems. Tumble also allows video, music, and multiple photo uploading!
- I already have a lot of followers, curious about my art. I would hope that they would continue to read and comment about my artwork and share (reblog) my posts.
- I honestly think I would update more. Right now I am updating wordpress every 3 or 4 days. I update my tumblr every single day, sometimes more than once. I want all of my wordpress readers to be a part of that.
- Tumblr is getting bigger every single day, and adding new features. This only means good things for badjonesrising.
Like I said, I haven’t made any decisions yet…just thinking about it constantly. Right now I blog on tumblr part-time…thinking about being over there full-time. Tell me what you think, I can’t wait to here from you guys.